The Birth of Moses
Shmot 2.2- שמות
2.’And the woman conceived, and she bore a son, and she saw him that he was a good, and she hid him for three moons (months) -וַתַּהַר הָאִשָּׁה וַתֵּלֶד בֵּן וַתֵּרֶא אֹתוֹ כִּי טוֹב הוּא וַתִּצְפְּנֵהוּ שְׁלֹשָׁה יְרָחִים (5237=17=8).
The verse can be divided so:
· And the woman conceived and she bore a son- וַתַּהַר הָאִשָּׁה וַתֵּלֶד בֵּן(1414=10=1).
· And she saw him- וַתֵּרֶא אֹתוֹ(1014+2 words=8);
· That he was a good- כִּי טוֹב הוּא(59+3 words=62=8);
· And she hid him- וַתִּצְפְּנֵהוּ(637+1 word=17=8);
· For three months- שְׁלֹשָׁה יְרָחִים (903+2 words=14=8).
Rashi comments here that when Moses was born the entire house radiated with light (Sotah 12.a; Shmot Rabbah 1.20).
The words “that it was good”- כִּי טוֹב correspond to the light that was created on the First Day of Creation (Beraishit 1.4):
4.’ And G-d saw the light that it was good; and G-d separated the light from the darkness- וַיַּרְא אֱלֹהִים אֶת הָאוֹר כִּי טוֹב וַיַּבְדֵּל אֱלֹהִים בֵּין הָאוֹר וּבֵין הַחֹשֶׁךְ (4676+12 words=4688=26=8).
According to the Reverse Calendar that I have developed (see Introduction to The Book of Beraishit) the day that Moses was born (7thAdar) corresponds to the 24th of Ellul in the Metaphysical World. On the 25th of Ellul, the First Day of Creation, Hashem twice said “let there be light”- יהי אור ויהי אור (Genesis 1.3). These words correspond to the light that was to be created on the First Day of Creation and the light that was seen by Yocheved at the time that Moses was born (7th Adar=24th Ellul).
The gematria of the word “good”- טוֹב is 17=8.
Moses was to receive the Torah from Hashem. The Torah corresponds to light.
Light of Torah
The woman conceived and gave birth to a son- וַתַּהַר הָאִשָּׁה וַתֵּלֶד בֵּן(1414).
The number 1414 is significant in that it can read as 424 which is the gematria of the words “Mashiach son of David”- משיח בן דוד or as 28which is the gematria of the word "Koach"- כֹּחַ which means "Powerful".
Furthermore the number of positive and negative mitzvoth can be seen as a balance of 14 and 14 as there are 248 (14=8) positive mitzvoth and 365 (14=8) negative mitzvoth.
The number 14|14 also corresponds to 8 and 8 which is a balance of the 304805 letters in the Torah as I explain in Parshat Shemini.
There are four verbs in this verse describing Yocheved’s actions:
· And she conceived- וַתַּהַר =611=8 611=Torah- תורה
· And she bore- וַתֵּלֶד =440=8 440+1word=Truth- אמת
· And she saw- וַתֵּרֶא =67+1 word=14=8 67=Bina- Understandingבינה-
· And she hid him- וַתִּצְפְּנֵהוּ =637+1 word=17=8
We can thus see that Moses was:
· Conceived in Torah
· Born in Truth
· Seen in Understanding -Bina
· And in these three places he was hidden for three months until it was time to reveal him to the world on the day that he was supposed to be born-Shavuot-the day that the Torah was given to the world 80 years later. The Festival of Shavuot according to the Reverse Calendar is the Festival of Hanukah in the Metaphysical World (see next verse).
We can thus conclude that the soul of Moses emanated from the highest level of the Eighth Sphira-the level of Keter.
The soul of Moses-Keter
נשמת משה- כתר
The gematria of the words “and she hid him for three months”- וַתִּצְפְּנֵהוּ שְׁלֹשָׁה יְרָחִים is 1540 =10=1.
The gematria of the words “months/moons”- יְרָחִים is 828=18 counting final Mem as 600.
The soul of the Mashiach will also descend from this lofty place at the End of Days as written in the Zohar (Jethro) “The Birds Nest” –קן הציפור. The “Nest” is the Throne of the Shechinah in the Eighth Sphira, who guards the soul of the Mashiach there and will release it to the world when the time for the Redemption of the Jewish People has arrived.